Effective 31st March 2021
Binx Beauty Ltd trading as “Binx®’ of Ashford House, Grenadier Road, Exeter, EX1 3LH.
- What is the purpose of this Policy?
- What data do we collect and how do we collect it?
Binx® collects data from users of the site, with the data and information collected varying based on how you interact with Binx®, which services you use and the choices you make and what you upload.
Binx® collects and processes information about you with your consent. Whilst you directly provide Binx® with most of the data we collect, we also indirectly collect information automatically when you access or use our services. Binx® also collects information from third parties. These are described in more detail in sections 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 below respectively.
2.1 Direct information we collect:
- Account/Profile Information – including personal identification information which we collect when you create/register/sign up for a Binx® account, create or edit your profile, or list/advertise your services on Binx®. Account information includes aspects such as: name, email address, phone number, postal address, date of birth, gender, photos, descriptions, qualification evidence, home-based and/or mobile, services and any other account related information you choose to provide.
- Communication Information – this includes the content of any communications you send and receive to us or other users. For example, reviews you either post, respond to or interact with and when you participate in any other interactive features of the services. If you communicate with Binx® we will also collect this information including the content of any recorded telephone or video messaging calls.
- Payment Information – includes payment information you provide to us. Transactions are processed in part by our third-party payment processors, Stripe.
- Miscellaneous other information – this includes all other personal information you provide to us such as when you participate in a poll or survey, take part in a competition or promotion, provide feedback or suggestions, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This also can include other information which you provide to us for the purposes of newsletters or other marketing activities.
2.2 Indirect Information we collect:
- Device information – we collect information about the computer, mobile device or any other device you use to access our services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, browser type and version and mobile network information.
- Log information – we collect log information about your use of the services including the type of browser you use, pages viewed, access times and dates, your IP address and the pages you visited prior to navigating to our services.
- Location information – We may collect information about the location of your device(s) every time you access or use certain features of Binx®.
2.3 Information we collect from third-parties:
- This includes information from other sources such as partners with which Binx® offer co-branded services or liaise and engage in joint marketing activities and publicly available sources.
- The following information may be provided to us by other parties about you such as: limited billing information provided by our payment partner for purposes such as verification.
- How will we use your data?
3.1 How we will use the information you provide directly to us:
- Account profile information – to create and register your account on the Binx® service; to provide, facilitate, maintain and improve our services; to enable communications between you and other users of the service; to display content that is relevant for you; to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages.
- Communications information – to provide, facilitate, maintain and improve our services; detect, investigate and help prevent fraudulent transactions and any other illegal or unauthorised activities and activities violating our Terms and Conditions and to protect the rights and property of Binx® and others; to contact you or to respond to your queries, questions, comments, suggestions, requests and to provide customer service support.
- Payment information – to facilitate the subscription payments in conjunction with our payment processing provider Stripe. To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal or unauthorised activities and protect the rights and property of Binx® and others.
- Miscellaneous information – to respond to your application; to respond to your comments, queries, suggestions and requests and provide customer service; to communicate with you regarding products, services, competitions, promotions, rewards and events offered by Binx® and provide news, information and changes we think will be of interest to you; to facilitate competitions, contests, polls, surveys and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; to fulfil certain requests; to carry out any other purpose described to you at the time of information collection.
3.2 How we will use information you provide indirectly to us:
- This information as described above (i.e. device, log, location and cookie information) is used to: present the service to you on your device(s); provide, maintain and facilitate changes and improvements on our services; to monitor use of the site; to help detect investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and any other illegal or unauthorised activities and activities violating our Terms and Conditions and to protect the rights and property of Binx® and others; to communicate with you regarding products, services, competitions, promotions, rewards and events offered by Binx® and provide news, information and changes we think will be of interest to you; link or combine with information we obtain from other sources to help gain an increased understanding of your needs and to thereby provide you with better services.
3.3 How we will use information collected from third-parties:
- Other third-party information – We may use this information on its own or in combination with the information you provide directly to us to contact you, send promotional and marketing materials, personalise our service, prepopulate online forms and better understand the demographics of our users.
- When do you share personal information to other organisations?
- To those who supply us with: a service e.g., website hosts, content delivery networks, IT software and maintenance providers, data storage providers and businesses which help send communications, gather feedback or monitor our website and which provide us with advertising, analytics, payment and other IT services and web developers.
- Business partners or others involved in providing your products and services or operating our business.
- To other users of the service e.g., personal information you provide on your public profile or in a review.
- To regulators, police and other law enforcement authorities in order to help deal with fraud and abuse and/or comply with legal requirements.
- To potential buyers/investors as far as reasonably necessary.
- Legal basis for processing your data
We need to collect some information in order to provide you with services under our contract with you. We may use it for alternative purposes such as email marketing if you have consented. In the case of other data for example automated information collected when you browse our web pages, we use this in order to manage and help improve our service in accordance with our legitimate interests and to gain feedback. Other aspects of our data processing are necessary to ensure compliance with our legal obligations.
- Data retention
Binx® will keep your data for as long as necessary to provide, fulfil and facilitate the products, services or transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, to deal with disputes and enforcing our agreements. As these needs and requirements can vary for different information types and in the context of different circumstances, actual retention periods can vary based on criteria such as user experience, consent, sensitivity of the information and legal obligations. Information can be kept for marketing purposes until you tell us to stop sending you marketing messages of any or all sorts.
Binx® would like to send you information about products and services that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing of any sort, you may always opt out at a later date from aspects of all marketing. You have the right at any time to stop Binx® from contacting you for marketing purposes.
- What are your Data Protection Rights?
Binx® would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to access or amend your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Binx® correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Binx® to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Binx® erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if it is based on your consent by withdrawing your consent at any time for future processing.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Binx®’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Binx® transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected] or write to us at: Binx®, Ashford House, Grenadier Road, Exeter, EX1 3LH.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer or device to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. Cookies are commonly used and serve various purposes including letting you navigate between webpages efficiently, keeping you signed in, remembering your preferences and enhancing your user experience. For further information visit www.allaboutcookies.org
9.1 What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies. Our website uses:
- Necessary – these cookies are essential to provide you with services available through Binx® and to use some of its features such as access to secure areas. These are necessary to supply you with certain online features such as payment pages and secure account login.
- Functionality – Binx® uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences to allow us to tailor the website more to you and enhance the user experience. These could include what language you prefer and save your location preferences. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising (Interest based ads) – Binx® uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. Binx® sometimes shares limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website. Some of our third-party partners that set Advertising cookies on Binx® include Google and Facebook.
- Analytics – Help us analyse how you use Binx®. They collect and store information regarding your use of Binx® and which pages you use most often. The information collected from these cookies helps improve the Binx® service and your overall user experience.
9.2 How to manage cookies?
Most browsers have cookies enabled by default, but you can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website link tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in doing this, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
On Binx® you may see some cookies that are not related to Binx®. For example, if you visit a web page that contains embedded content such as YouTube you may be sent cookies from these websites. Binx® do not control the settings of these cookies so suggest you ensure to check third-party websites to learn more about their cookies, and how to manage them.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information regarding how you use our site. This information helps us improve how our website works and ensures it meets the needs of our users. More information about Google Analytics can be found at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en&ref_topic=2919631
- How to Contact Us
Email us at: [email protected]
Or write to us at: Binx®, Ashford House, Grenadier Road, Exeter, EX1 3LH.
The Data Protection Laws also give you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please visit www.ico.org.uk for more information.